Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Catching up....


WOW, It's been a long time since I got to this. I guess in my quest to stay balanced writing got pushed to the side. It has been an incredible summer. We went to the Outer Banks in June with 2 other families. It was a great week of playing on the beach and learning to surf. Unfortunately my best friend tore his knee apart the week before we left so some of our play was hampered by his immobilizer. He had surgery to repair 3 of the 4 ligaments holding his knee together and is going through some horrific therapy now.(not at my hands) Training for IM has really gone well. Lots of big rides and some real focus to my LT training. Swimming dropped off for a while but has built up in the last few weeks and is starting to feel strong. My running frequency was picked up in July and the length of my weekday runs has never been this consistently high. I really think that this race will go well if I can execute on race day. Of course that is always the hardest part! I'm leaving for Madison in the morning to train on the course for 4 days. We will get close to 300 miles of riding in the first 3 days. There will be some transition runs after those rides and a loop of the course (13mi)on Sunday before we head for home. We have done this before and it really helps with knowing the course and building confidence in the training up to this point. It could be hot and I'm looking forward to practicing in some heat. It has been a record cold summer here in IN. Great for training but it has me worried that the heat will hit again on race day and I won't be used to it at all. The goal for a sub 11 hour race is still there and everyday I gain confidence. I'll try and stay updated on this more frequently. As always thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment