Thursday, April 9, 2009

I miss my bike.

Went out tonight after work on the bike. It was so nice and sunny that the training plan had to change. Called a freind and headed out for a nice spin. Ended up riding about 1 1/2 hours. I really enjoy getting out on my bike. I'm really looking forward to May when running will be a once a week thing while the legs recover. Right now the plan is to ride 4-5 days a week and swim 2-3 times with maybe one run just to keep the feel. Getting out on my bike is such an awesome feeling after riding the trainer all winter. I wonder if people in the warmer climes get that rush at any time? It isn't that running is a chore, it is my first love. Riding is a close second however. I don't know how to really describe the feeling.
I can't decide on a race for May. Our club race is on the 16th but that water is REALLY cold and it would be only 2 weeks past the marathon. I'm just waiting to see what happens for now. The rest of year looks like it will be:
June 7 Rockman Half Iron
June 14 Flag City Tri
July 11 Muncie Endurathon Half Iron
July 25-26 Pancake Stage Race
August 6-9 Madison Training Trip
Sept 13 Ironman Wisconsin
Sept 26 Fort 4 Fitness Half Marathon
Nov 7 Iceman Cometh MtB Race

Hoping to add in a shorter tri somewhere in May and July just not sure where yet. Maybe an Xterra event for the July race and some other MtB races in October to get ready for Iceman. Of course everything could change at the drop of a hat so this is just a loose outline for the season ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment