Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pokagon Triathlon

I had decided to do this race if I didn't get hung up running registration. Besides the timing guy oversleeping and getting us the chips 30 minutes late packet pickup went very smoothly. I decided to jump in the race and see what would happen. I wasn't really expecting much since I left the park at 8:30 on Friday night drove home and then let De talk me into meeting her at a school party. We got to be around 11:30 and were up at 5:00. Water was cold at 64 degrees but not a problem after the first few minutes. I lost some time taking off my wetsuit but still came out of the water around 24 minutes. For the bike I didn't have time to set up the race wheels and then forgot to pump up my tires before the race. Still felt strong and made up ground on the leaders. Actually I think I pushed a little to hard on the bike and didn't have the speed I wanted for the run. This is a very tough run course with lots of turns and constant hills. Felt good overall with my performance.

Results: 2nd overall 2:16.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment